Make an Impact! Advocate for Animals in Need.
There are many ways to advocate for animals, but the most important item to remember once you’ve decided to be a voice for animals is to get engaged and do it effectively! Here are some of the typical ways that we can advocate for animals:
- Let your elected officials know your views on an important animal issue:
- Schedule a meeting
- Call their office to share your opinion
- Email their office to ask them to support an issue
- Write a letter to the editor to your local news outlet about an animal welfare matter
Consider your sphere of influence to expand impact of your voice for animals
- Do you know any influential members of the community who can join you in advocating for animals?
- Do you have any other friends or family in key legislative districts who can help support an issue with their representatives?
- Do you have any involvement or affiliations with organizations or groups that may be able to have an impact?
- Do you have or know anyone who has any celebrity connections who have taken actions for animals?
- Do you have any business connections within the area?
Interested in learning more? Contact Advocacy@ahsppz.org